TRIP CANCELLATION AND COMPLICATIONS OF PREGNANCY EXPLAINED
- Within 15 days of initial travel deposit/payment.
- May be pregnant or not at the time of policy purchase
- If purchased after the 15 days of initial travel deposit/payment the pregnancy will be considered a pre-existing medical condition
- Will not cover normal delivery
- Will only cover due to complications of pregnancy which the medical doctors would verify.
DEFINITION OF COMPLICATION OF PREGNANCY
“Complications of Pregnancy” means conditions whose diagnoses are distinct from pregnancy but are adversely affected by pregnancy or are caused by pregnancy. These conditions include acute nephritis, nephrosis, cardiac decompensation, missed abortion and similar medical and surgical conditions of comparable severity. Complications of Pregnancy also include nonelective cesarean section, ectopic pregnancy which is terminated and spontaneous termination of pregnancy, which occurs during a period of gestation in which a viable birth is not possible.
Complications of Pregnancy do not include false labor, occasional spotting, Physician-prescribed rest during the period of pregnancy, morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, preeclampsia and similar conditions associated with the management of a difficult pregnancy not constituting a nosologically distinct complication of pregnancy.
This plan does not cover any loss caused by or resulting from:
- intentionally self-inflicted Injury, suicide, or attempted suicide of the Insured, Family Member, Traveling Companion or Business Partner while sane or insane;
- pregnancy, childbirth, or elective abortion, other than Complications of Pregnancy;
- participation in professional athletic events, motor sport, or motor racing, including training or practice for the same;