- Policy starts when you walk out your door the day of your trip till the time you come back home from your trip
- One way trip is also covered. Return date means the date on which the insured is scheduled to return to the point where the trip is started or specified (an example: which is on your airline ticket) return destination.
- No age limit
- No deductible (deductible for rental car insurance only)
- US and Canadian residents may use this plan
- Coverage/trip must originate from the U.S. or Canada
- This plan is used as your primary insurance
- Optional Medical Evacuation to the hospital of your choice OR home! (with the purchase of Emergency Evacuation Upgrade)
- $500,000 evacuation coverage and $25,000 medical coverage (may increase evacuation coverage)
- Children age 17 and under covered at no additional cost! (Must be living with the primary insured and their trip cost may not exceed primary insured)
- Trip interruption, trip delay, and 24/7 worldwide assistance services included.
- May add flight insurance and renters collision insurance
- Cancel due to work reasons and involuntary job loss automatically covered
- Always Primary Medical coverage when you travel
- Cancel For Any Reason coverage may be included
- May use this plan without trip cancellation option (Enter 0 for quote excluding trip cancellation benefit)
- Trip cancellation information on volcanic ash and natural disasters
ADDITIONAL TRAVEL GUARD GOLD INSURANCE BENEFITS
If you purchase within 15 days* of your Initial Trip Payment, you’ll receive:
- Coverage for financial default of an airline, a cruise line or tour operator. (Financial default is not covered for all travel suppliers.)
- Waiver of pre-existing medical conditions exclusion(Pre-existing medical conditions
waiver applies to the first $30,000 of Trip cost
- Missed Connection benefit increases to $500 per person.
- Flight Guard coverage of $50,000 per person.
- No waiting for denial letter from other insurance companies you may have
- All services of Travel Guard are done in-house (no out-sourcing)
*Day one is the date the Trip payment was received.
Optional Coverages Include:
Cancel For Any Reason – 50% reimbursement of pre-paid nonrefundable expenses if you cancel your Trip for any reason not otherwise covered under the policy, up to 48 hours prior to your departure. (The Cancel for Any Reason upgrade must be purchased at the same time of base plan and it is only valid if purchased within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment. Coverage must be purchased for the full cost of all prepaid Trip arrangements.)
Medical Coverage Upgrade – Medical expense and emergency evacuation benefits are now doubled! Includes Emergency Evacuation to the hospital of your choice or home. (Cannot be purchased separately.)
Flight Guard® – Additional coverage up to $500,000 due to a covered loss while flying.
Car Rental Collision Coverage – $35,000 in primary coverage. Covers cost of repairs due to covered damage to a rental car, up to the limit of coverage, for which the car rental contract holds you responsible. Subject to $250 deductible.
ADDITIONAL TRAVEL SERVICES
- Arrangements for last-minute flight changes
- Hotel finder and reservations
- Rental car reservations
- Emergency medical assistance
- BagTrak — lost baggage tracking
- Pre-Trip health and safety advisories
- Live e-mail and phone messaging to family and friends
- Cash transfers
- Airport transportation
- Golf course reservations
- Event ticketing
- Floral services
- Identity Theft restoration (Not available to residents of New York state.)
- Business Assistant