Geo Blue Xplorer international career insurance for expatriates is one of our top international insurance career plans here at Good Neighbor Insurance. Why? Because the Xplorer is as close as ACA (affordable care act) compliant as an international insurance plan can be. By the way, only U.S. domestic insurance long term / career health plans have to be ACA compatible. International insurance from travel insurance to expat career plans do not.
You may read all about the Geo Blue Xplorer on our web page here at https://www.overseashealthinsurance.com/geoblue-medical-insurance-overseas-travelers/ or here at https://www.gninsurance.com/hth-geoblue-navigator-xplorer-overseas-travelers/#citizen, our corporate site.
The Geo Blue Xplorer brochure and additional information will provide you all the benefits that you can receive on this expat career insurance plan. Our Good Neighbor Insurance international insurance specialist will be glad to provide you with answers that you and your family deserve. Call us toll free at 866-636-9100 or via our Phoenix Metro office here in Arizona at 480-633-9500. You may also email us here at . But, for now, let us name a few benefits that set this overseas medical insurance plan above the rest of the competition:
- Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum
- Deductible waived for office visits with doctors
- No waiting period or sublimit for preventative services
- Can be kept upon return home which offers unique portability. Thus, unlimited coverage in the U.S.
- Pre-existing conditions covered with creditable coverage. Or without creditable coverage will be covered after the sixth month on the policy.
- Illness and injuries related to terrorism are covered
Here are some FAQs and answers that we get here at Good Neighbor Insurance:
- I am trying to find a doctor in the U.S. in your network, but there is no one listed within 25 miles of where I am searching. What should I do?
- In the U.S., if a member does not have a participating physician in an appropriate specialty available to them within 25 miles, GeoBlue will apply in-network benefits (80%) to the provider they see.
Outside the U.S., 100% coverage always applies after any applicable deductible or co-payment.
- I am based in the U.S. Can you help me find participating doctors in my hometown?
- Inside the U.S., GeoBlue has a network of over 700,000 providers available to its members. You can find a doctor in the network by searching the Bluecard network.
- How are medical evacuations decisions made?
- The evacuation benefit pays for a medical evacuation to the nearest Hospital, appropriate medical facility or back to the U.S. Transportation must be by the most direct and economical route. All evacuations require written certification by the attending physician that the evacuation is medically necessary.
- Is birth control covered?
- Use of birth control is not automatically excluded on the policy. GeoBlue reviews the medical condition for which birth control is being used. If it is being used solely as a contraceptive, it is excluded. If it is being used to treat an approved condition, it will be covered. In this instance, the member will have to pay for the prescription up front and submit a claim to GeoBlue, along with a letter from the prescribing doctor indicating the medical necessity of the contraceptive.
We wish you all a wonderful and safe travels!